on draw something project

For the final arch 430 project, Lauren and I decided to make something less complicated than the project outlined in a previous blog post.  We decided that because of the complexity involved in writing code for four separate stations and having it sync to one source, we were going to follow the trends of handheld (mobile) gaming and make a kinect version of “Draw Something”.

Basically, we’ve dumbed down the game to make it easier to code since, to be frank, coding is a completely foreign language to the both of us.  The player competes against the computer, and upon finishing a drawing, the player’s drawing is stored in the database to be accessed by another player.  Through this process, we would have about 15 words with 100 different drawings for each word.  We want to use this information later on to understand how people can interpret simple drawings at different speeds using different visual cues.  Though the complexity of storing a drawing into the array is mind numbing, we’ve trudged through and hopefully will have a working prototype on Thursday.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s