For the final arch 430 project, Lauren and I decided to make something less complicated than the project outlined in a previous blog post. We decided that because of the complexity involved in writing code for four separate stations and having it sync to one source, we were going to follow the trends of handheld (mobile) gaming and make a kinect version of “Draw Something”.
Basically, we’ve dumbed down the game to make it easier to code since, to be frank, coding is a completely foreign language to the both of us. The player competes against the computer, and upon finishing a drawing, the player’s drawing is stored in the database to be accessed by another player. Through this process, we would have about 15 words with 100 different drawings for each word. We want to use this information later on to understand how people can interpret simple drawings at different speeds using different visual cues. Though the complexity of storing a drawing into the array is mind numbing, we’ve trudged through and hopefully will have a working prototype on Thursday.